Welcome to Stephen Twist Mediator




With over 40 years experience as a barrister in private practice, and the last 21 years as a mediator and arbitrator, I felt that the time had come for me to launch my new, personal dispute facilitation service - 'Stephen Twist Mediator'.

Increasingly, I am being instructed by other lawyers and in-house managers to act as a facilitator in intractable disputes. These cover almost all areas of conflict - commercial disputes, public authority issues, breach of contract, professional misconduct, land and boundary disputes, Wills and Intestacy issues, and workplace and employment conflict.

It seems that a significant problem for dispute managers and human resources teams is to find an individual facilitator who has technical knowledge of the issues, a knowledge and understanding of the legal points, and a track record of successful interventions. The principal mediation services provide lists of facilitators, but 'a list' cannot match the relationship of trust with a known, bespoke facilitator with successful experience who is entirely independent of the organisations concerned.

Over the next few weeks I will be posting details of the services I can offer, my collaborative method of working, facilitation styles - including evaluative facilitation, and examples of disputes in which I have been appointed as an independent facilitator.



No comments:

Post a Comment